A dietary supplement to help maintain normal levels of the DHEA hormone.
DHEA is an important adrenal hormone that supports healthy aging.
*DHEA levels decline with age and adrenal stress. DHEA supports immune system and thyroid function, as well as memory and energy function.
*About DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
- DHEA is a steroid hormone produced from cholesterol by theadrenal glands. It is the most abundant steroid in the bloodstream and is present at even higher levels in brain tissue.
- DHEA is a precursor to many steroid sex hormones, including estrogen and testosterone. With age, DHEA production declines usually peaking between the ages of 25-30 and gradually falling to a decline of 90% by age 60.How DHEA works:
- DHEA seems to support IGF-1 levels (insulin growth factor) and support decreased levels of cortisol.* IGF-1 is the hormone, or growth stimulating metabolite, produced by the metabolism of HGH, and is responsible for the beneficial effects of elevated human growth hormone. With aging there is a decline in DHEA and an elevation of cortisol. High and prolonged levels of cortisol in the bloodstream (like those associated with chronic stress) have been shown to have negative effects such as:› Impaired cognitive performance and suppressed thyroid function › Blood sugar imbalances
› Decreased bone density and a decrease in muscle tissue
› Higher blood pressure and lowered immunity
- Elevating DHEA levels is a way to help manage high cortisol levels and improve IGF-1production.*Studies have shown that supplementing with DHEA may benefit:• The immune system*
• Blood sugar metabolism and weight management*
- • Brain and bone health*
• Heart health*
• Estrogen and testosterone levels*Factors that contribute to low DHEA levels include:
• Aging, sugar, nicotine
• Caffeine, alcohol, nutritional imbalance
• A vegetarian diet low in cholesterol and healthy fats
Serving Size: 1 Vegatarian Capsule
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetarian leucine.
Warning: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physi- cian or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over- the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed quali- fied healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. To report any adverse events call 1-800-332-1088.
Caution: May interfere with birth control medications and devices.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, Adults (18 years and over), take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
*Sold Exclusively Through Healthcare Practitioners.